Mississippi Pot Roast
Mississippi Pot Roast is slow cooked with ranch and French onion seasonings, pepperoni peppers and butter until tender. Half way through the cooking, carrots, onions and potatoes are added to give this flavorful beef a classic pot roast touch.
- 2.5 - 3 lb 2.5 - 3 lb 2.5 - 3 lb Beef Rump Roast
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Primal Palate French Onion Seasoning Mix
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Primal Palate Organic Spices - Garden Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 - 6 whole 5 - 6 whole 5 - 6 whole Red Skin Potatoes, cut in half
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole pepperocini peppers
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the rump roast in a slow cooker on low. Sprinkle the seasonings on top along with the salt, black pepper and the butter. Cover and allow to cook for four hours or until half way cooked.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker half way through cooking and add the pepperoncinis, quartered potatoes, chopped onions and carrots. Cover with the lid and finish cooking for four hours or until tender and falling apart. NOTE: I added four pepperoncini peppers and thought my recipe could use more heat. If you are not sure how many peppers to add, start with four and you can always add some chopped on the side to serve if a guest wants more heat.
- Serve with the juices from the pot roast, potatoes, onions and carrots. Enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week