Mint Chocolate Chip Popsicles
A fan favorite soft serve flavor packed into a delicious dairy-free popsicle.
- 2.666 cup 2.666 cup 2.666 cup Coconut Milk, divided
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Mint Leaves, packed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Unflavored Gelatin, Beef, Great Lakes brand
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Honey, Raw
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Spinach, juiced, optional for coloring
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, mini
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup coconut milk and let bloom for 10 minutes.
- In a large sauce pot, combine remaining coconut milk and mint leaves.
- Bring to a light simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in bloomed gelatin and stir until dissolved completely.
- Remove from heat and let seep for 20 minutes.
- Pour honey into a large bowl.
- Pour mint and coconut through a mesh sieve in the bowl and press all liquid through with the back of a spoon.
- Mix in spinach juice and stir until honey is completely dissolved.
- Let come to room temperature then place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Stir and return to freezer for 20-40 minutes.
- Once the mixture has thickened, stir in chocolate chips then pour into molds and freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, let the popsicles sit a room temperature for 5 minutes then remove from molds.
To make the spinach juice, I placed about 1/4 cup spinach into my juicer. This is completely optional but makes for a pretty mint green color. Also if you don't feel the pops are minty enough, you can add 1-2 drops of food grade peppermint essential oil.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeEgg Free Ice Cream Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.