Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
There is something really wonderful about the texture of frozen, yet soft, cream with the crunch of chocolate throughout. The crisp, refreshing peppermint ice cream is complimented beautifully by the deep tones of the dark chocolate chips.
- 16 fl oz 16 fl oz 16 fl oz Coconut Milk
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Peppermint Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 3 3 3 Egg Yolk
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a low boil while whisking.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain mixture into a medium mixing bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place mixture in an ice cream maker, pour in chocolate chips, and run until the desired consistency is reached.
Remove ice cream from ice cream maker immediately to avoid having it freeze to the container walls. Store in a freezer until the last portion is enjoyed.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeIce Cream Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I am not sure what type of mint oil you used, but I used mint essential oil and it was WAY WAY too minty! I had to throw all of it away. What type did you use? The texture of the ice cream was amazing and I would love to make it again with less mint.
Delicious flavor, but was not creamy. Very similar ingredients to another coconut-based ice cream that has been much creamier, using the same machine.
I plan to try again, but without cooking and instead using a blender or mixer to both completely combine and partially whip the ingredients. I also think adding the mixture to the ice cream machine at room temperature, instead of chilled, will help with the texture.
Again, though: great flavor! Hoping to find the right steps to get the texture consistently creamy, as well.