These are a play on classic beignets.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Whisk together coconut flour, baking soda, maple sugar and sea salt to break apart any lumps.
- With a mixer, blend together coconut milk and eggs until frothy.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- For the powdered sugar, pulse maple sugar and tapioca flour together in a blender for about 20 seconds until a fine powder is formed.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt two tablespoons of coconut oil. You will fry six beignets for each two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Once oil is hot, gently drop batter with a tablespoon cookie scoop into the oil. Only make three beignets at a time so the oil stays hot.
- Cook for a couple minutes then spoon a little of the coconut oil onto the beignets. This will help set the top for when you flip them.
- Use a fork to flip and cook for another minute.
- Cook three more beignets then add more oil.
- Continue the process of frying batter and adding coconut oil as needed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week