Mayo Free Deviled Eggs
One of my favorite appetizers is deviled eggs. These two bite (or one big bite) treats are the perfect mini snack for any type of gathering. However, since my old version of deviled eggs isn’t exactly paleo I had to come up with a new version for an appetizer this year. Since I haven’t quite perfected my own paleo mayonnaise yet, I decided to use an avocado for the creamy addition to make these mayo free deviled eggs. Oh boy was that a good idea. Topping them off with some crispy prosciutto? Now that’s just downright indulgent.
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Prosciutto
- 12 whole 12 whole 12 whole Pastured Eggs, Hard boiled and peeled
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard, Or yellow mustard (I prefer yellow)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Set your oven to broil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay out the prosciutto on the parchment paper and place it in the oven to broil for approximately 5 minutes, until it's browned and crispy. Be careful not to burn it. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cut each hard boiled in half. Scoop out the yolk into a medium bowl. Place the empty egg halves on a serving platter or plate.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the insides into the bowl. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder and mustard.
- Mix everything together with a mixer, whisk or fork. You want to mix it well to form a creamy texture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, scoop the egg and avocado mixture into the egg halves. Heap up each egg half with the mixture until you've filled every egg half up and used all of the mixture. Sprinkle the eggs with smoked paprika if you'd like.
- Finally, break up the prosciutto into small pieces and place some crumbles on each deviled egg.
- Serve these mayo free deviled eggs to your hungry guests!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week