This recipe is a simple way to elevate the humble rice dish. With some sauteed onion and perfectly balanced Garam Masala, you have a great side dish with no effort. There's a bit of a sweet hint to the rice from the caramelized onion, and the flavor notes of the masala really bring this dish to life.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Rice, Jasmine
- 1.75 cup 1.75 cup 1.75 cup Water
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Onion, Julienned
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garam Masala
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pour 1 cup of rice into a small pot along with 1 3/4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook covered, on low, for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove from heat and allow to sit for another 10 minutes, covered.
- While the rice is cooking, julienne half a medium onion. Take care to make even cuts so it will cook evenly.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of ghee in a medium skillet over medium heat. Swirl the melted ghee around, then add the onion. Saute, stirring occasionally, adding another tbsp of ghee as needed. If you no longer see bubbles around the edges of the onion, you need more ghee. Cook until edges are golden brown and onion is soft. Reduce heat to low or remove from heat until rice is finished cooking.
- Add the rice to the skillet with the rice over low heat. Toss to evenly combine. Keep warm until serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Egg Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Side Dishes Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.