Marinated Beet and Apple Salad with Banana Peppers
Marinated Beet and Apple Salad with banana peppers and pecans. A super food salad that’s vegan and paleo friendly, and packed full of flavor! This beet and apple salad is rich in antioxidants, easy to make, and great for a potluck side dish! Or enjoy with the family and boost your health.
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Beets, medium
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Hot Banana Peppers
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Apple, Granny Smith
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, or avocado oil
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce (The Wizard's Organic)
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Dry Mustard Powder
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Sugar, or raw sugar
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pecans, chopped, or walnuts
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First wash your beets.
- Steam in 1 inch water and dash of sea salt for 20 minutes at medium high heat on stove top.
- Once beets are softened and steamed, you can easily peel them and chop into quarters.
- Chop your apple and pepper and combine with beets in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine your sugar, salt, and the rest of your seasoning and set aside.
- Drizzle oil, vinegar, and worcestershire sauce mixture over beets and apples and peppers.
- Then add in your seasonings and toss all together in mixing bowl.
- Place in fridge for 8 to 24 hrs to marinate.
- Remove from fridge and add pecans or walnuts nuts and any additional seasoning that you desire.
- Serve and enjoy!
OPTIONAL - 1/4 tsp onion salt ** You can, also, add goat cheese for texture/flavor.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week