Maple Pecan Apple Crisp
This easy apple crisp is perfect for the fall.
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole Apple, Fuji, peeled
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh or half a lemon
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground, for topping
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Arrowroot Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced]
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Peel and chop apples, and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice over apples, and mix until coated evenly.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and arrowroot powder over apples until coated evenly.
- Add apple mixture to a baking dish.
- In the food processor, chop pecans roughly, then transfer chopped pecans to the now empty large mixing bowl.
- Add almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt to the food processor and pulse until distributed evenly.
- Add palm oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add mixture from food processor to mixing bowl with chopped pecans and mix all ingredients together.
- Smooth and pat topping mix over apples, cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil, to brown top and bake 10-15 minutes until topping is a desired golden brown.
- Let it cool for 20-30 minutes, before serving.
used saigon or vietnamese cinnamon
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week