Maple Mustard Poppy Seed Baked Cod
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Cod, 4 oz Alaskan cod
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard, or stone ground mustard
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic, minced (not garlic salt)
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Dry Mustard Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, honey works if you don't have maple syrup
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Onion, chopped (white or green)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon Juice, or half a lemon juiced
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together in small bowl. Set aside.
- Clean 3 pieces of 4-6oz cod/other white fish and sprinkle each fillet with a dash of sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the poppy seed mustard sauce on top of each fillet.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the chopped onion over the fish (evenly).
- Roast at 400F for 10-12 minutes (15 minutes if using salmon).
- Remove and squeeze lemon juice on top (just a little onto each fillet).
- Or , cut a thin slice of lemon and place it on top of fish before serving.
- Add more pepper/sea salt to taste if desired.
Optional - If you want the fish more TANGY than sweet, add in ½ tsp white distilled vinegar (or rice vinegar). Two or three pieces of 4-6oz cod or other white fish.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week