Licorice-Raspberry Panna Cotta
If you’re a fan of raw licorice, this is without a doubt a dessert out of the ordinary!
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Almond Milk, unsweetened if bought
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Licorice Root Powder
- 2.5 tsp 2.5 tsp 2.5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unflavored Gelatin, Beef, Great Lakes brand
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Raspberries, Organic
- 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp Honey, Raw, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a saucepan, mix 1 cup (2.5 dl) of the almond milk, 1 tsp licorice root powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tbsp honey (optional). Whisk gently until as much of the honey as possible has dissolved.
- Sprinkle 0.5 tbsp gelatin powder evenly over the surface, and let soak for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the mixture while stirring until the gelatin has dissolved completely. (NOTE: Do not bring it to a boil! Remove the pot from the heat before it starts to simmer to avoid the risk of it curdling.)
- Pour it into 4 medium sized glasses or small jars.
- Place the glasses in the fridge for about 1.5 - 2 hours, until it have set.
- Puree the raspberries using an immersion blender.
- Run it through a strainer into a saucepan and discard the seeds.
- Stir in 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tbsp honey (optional). Again, whisk until as much as possible of the honey has dissolved.
- Sprinkle 0.25 tbsp gelatin over the surface and let soak for about 10 minutes.
- Gently heat it up while stirring until the gelatin is completely dissolved. (Again, remove it from the heat before it starts to simmer.)
- Let cool off a little bit then divide it equally into the glasses with the first layer of the Panna Cotta.
- Put the glasses back into the fridge and let stand for another 30-60 minutes.
- Make the second layer of the Panna Cotta just like the first one, using the last 0.5 cup (1 dl) almond milk, 0.5 tsp licorice root powder, 0.5 tsp vanilla extract, 0.5 tbsp honey (optional), and 0.25 tbsp gelatin powder.
- Let stand for at least another hour in the fridge before serving, and serve it topped with some raspberries.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week