Lemon curd is one of my favorite sweet treats. That’s why it found its way between the layers of our wedding cake, and it was perfect for a hot August wedding. Lemon curd adds a fresh, sweet, and tangy flavor to baked goods. It’s fantastic piped into cupcakes or simply drizzled over fresh berries. The Cappello's Lemon Zest Cookies make the perfect crust for lemon curd tartelettes!
- 168 gram 168 gram 168 gram Cappello's Lemon Zest Cookie Dough, one whole pack, thawed ahead of time.
- 7 7 7 Egg Yolk, from large eggs
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Maple Sugar, or similar granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Lemon Juice, plus zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Butter, Unsalted, cubed
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Raspberries, Organic, to garnish
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Blackberries, to garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pour about 2 inches of filtered water into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- While the water is heating, whisk together the egg yolks and maple sugar in a metal bowl. Once combined, whisk in the lemon juice and zest.
- Place the metal bowl over the simmering water and whisk the mixture until it is thick and coats the back of a spoon. The temperature of the mixture should reach 175°F as measured with a candy thermometer.
- Remove the bowl from the heat. Strain the mixture through a finemesh sieve into a large wide-mouth mason jar and allow to cool to 145°F. Add the butter 1 cube at a time and blend until smooth using an immersion blender.
- Once all of the butter is blended in, strain the mixture one more time. Place the curd in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour. It will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week, tightly covered, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- While the lemon curd is chilling, prepare the tart crusts. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Using mini tart molds, press each cookie into a tart mold, making sure the crust is uniformly thick. Poke with a fork to allow air to escape while baking.
- Bake the crusts for 12 minutes, until cooked through. Allow to cool completely, and remove from tart molds.
- Spoon lemon curd into each tart crust, filled almost to the top. Garnish with berries, and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Pies Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.