Lemon Pound Cake
A crowd-pleasing, dense, sweet and zesty lemon pound cake!
- 2.5 cup 2.5 cup 2.5 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Flour
- 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp Monk Fruit Sweetener (Norbu), (you may sub granulated stevia)
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Honey, Raw
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Applesauce, unsweetened, (4 ounces = scant 1/2 cup)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, melted and slightly cooled, you may substitute butter if you prefer
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon zest
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 8.5" loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, granulated sweetener, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, honey, applesauce, oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combine. Then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top into an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown, then tent with foil and bake for another 30-35 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- If you'd like to glaze it, pulse 1/2 cup stevia (or Norbu or Natvia) and 1 Tablespoon tapioca flour in a food processor until fine, then add 6-8 Tablespoons of lemon juice and process until it reaches your desired consistency.
Yield: one 9" loaf cake Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer (unfrosted) for up to 3 months.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCakes Dairy Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
ok, I’m not using Stevia and I don’t have any idea what Norbu is. Is there another substitute? Honey? Agave? Coconut sugar? Maple Sugar?