Lemon Dill Salmon + Creamy Chive Mashed Parsnips
Easy to make, date night dinner of salmon & creamy mashed parsnips!
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz Wild Caught Salmon Filet, 2 separate portions
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Lemon, thin slices
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Dill Weed
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Garlic Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Parsnip
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chives , chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and dice parsnips. Place in a pot covered with water and bring to boil. Continue to boil for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- Place 2 sheets of tin foil, opposite directions in a square glass casserole dish (I use 8). Place 2 tbsp of butter, separated into 4 cubes, throughout the dish. Place the salmon on top of the butter. Then place one slice of lemon on top of the salmon. Wrap tin foil around. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- While the salmon is baking, continue working on the parsnips. Drain the water out out the pot and place the parsnips back inside it. Add in the remaining ingredients, except for the chives. Take an immersion blender and blend until creamy. Once done blending, mix in the chives. Cover and set aside to keep warm until the salmon is done. Note: if you don't have an immersion blender, you can use a food processor.
- Once the salmon is done, Remove it from the oven and let rest 5 minutes. Serve alongside the parsnips.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week