Lemon Dijon Tuna Burger
- 7 oz 7 oz 7 oz Canned Tuna
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Green Onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for frying
- Grain-Free Sandwich Bread (click for recipe), or gluten-free hamburger buns, for serving
- Tomato, sliced, for serving
- Arugula, for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the tuna, onions, coconut flour, pepper, salt, garlic powder and oregano. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, mustard, lemon juice, and oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tuna mixture and stir thoroughly to combine. It will be too liquid at first, but will reach a cookie dough-like consistency as the coconut flour absorbs some of the moisture.
- Preheat 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Divide the mixture into five heaping-quarter-cup spheres, then press down gently into a disk.
- Fry until crisp (3-4 minutes), then flip, cover the pan and fry until the other side is dark golden and crisp and the centers of the burgers have puffed up a bit, another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with olive tapenade, arugula and tomato slices - on a bun, if you prefer.
Alternately, you can cook them on a grill. Olive tapenade recipes can be found here: http://acleanbake.com/anchovy-free-olive-tapenade/
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week