Lemon Blueberry Waffles (Make It Paleo 2)
Serve these tasty waffles topped with extra fresh blueberries, maple syrup, and some grass-fed butter, if desired. These waffles are perfect for Mother's Day brunch! This recipe is nut-free and dairy-free (if you decide to skip the butter on top).
- 6 6 6 Eggs, large
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour, 55 grams
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Flour, 32 grams
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder, (or use the homemade version in the cookbook!)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Blueberries, fresh, plus more for optional topping
- Maple Syrup, Pure, optional for topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a high-speed blender, combine the eggs, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, salt, coconut milk, and lemon zest and process until smooth. Stir in the blueberries by hand.
- Heat a waffle iron to medium heat and grease the surface with coconut oil. Once the waffle iron is up to temperature, pour the batter onto the grids, using the waffle manufacturer’s guidelines for suggested cup quantity. Be sure to ladle the batter evenly over the surface of the waffle iron, and cook for 2–3 minutes (the time and amount of batter will vary depending on your particular waffle iron). Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the waffles topped with more fresh blueberries, maple syrup, and some grass-fed butter, if desired.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Dairy Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
FINALLY… No more searching. Wonderful! Family said the best Paleo Waffle recipe!
I made these waffles for my family tonight for dinner – Daddy’s working late. They were a total hit! As a mom it’s often hard to find paleo recipes that are also kid friendly. Both my girls loved them and asked for seconds. YUMMY!
The only modification I made was not adding the blueberries into the batter since my kids don’t love fruit in their waffles. Instead made a blueberry/maple syrup topping.
Seriously this one is a keeper!