Legit French Toast
French Toast is a sweet and tasty treat that we don't often have. But one thing that makes it easier is having a grain-free bread mix to make the bread. Our friend Jen from Legit Bread Company makes the best mix around, and this French Toast turned out great. We added a dash of our Apple Pie Spice to give it a fall spin! Note: you will need a mini loaf pan to make this bread.
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Legit Blonde Bread Mix, 1 package
- 5 tsp 5 tsp 5 tsp Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice, 1 Tbsp for bread, 2 tsp for batter
- 10 10 10 Eggs, 6 for bread, 4 for the batter
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Maple Syrup, Pure, for bread
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Brown Butter Ghee, Tin Star, for bread
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, for bread
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Maple Sugar, for the batter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, for the batter
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Almond Milk, for the batter
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee, to fry
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend wet bread ingredients in a blender on low. Slowly add in the dry ingredients while increasing the speed of the blender to high.
- Continue blending on high speed until a smooth batter forms.
- Spoon the batter into a greased mini loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool, then slice the bread.
- Mix the batter ingredients together in a shallow bowl. Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip the bread in the batter, both sides. Let the batter soak in a little. Allow the excess to drip off, then fry in the hot skillet (both sides), about 2-3 minutes per side if your bread has been refrigerated. About 1-2 minutes per side if you are using room temperature bread.
- Serve piled high with butter and maple syrup!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Coconut Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.