Lavender Honey Cupcakes
Beautiful, light cupcakes for the spring!
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, separated, room temperature
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Oil, Organic
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Honey, Raw
- 1.75 cup 1.75 cup 1.75 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Lavender, dried
- 14.5 oz 14.5 oz 14.5 oz Coconut Milk, 2 Tbsp for cupcakes, 13.5 oz can for frosting
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Honey, Granulated, (for the frosting)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tapioca Starch, (for the frosting)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Blue Food Coloring (India Tree), optional (for the frosting)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use paper liners to line a cupcake baking sheet.
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Allow to set out for about 6 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, or a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until fluffy and peaks form. This will take several minutes, close to 10.
- Once fluffy, add vanilla extract, honey, and coconut oil. Continue to mix.
- Add the egg yolks and coconut milk. Finally, add the dried lavender. Let mix for about 2 more
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full. This batter will make 12 cupcakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- For Frosting: After opening the chilled coconut milk can, scoop the cream off the top. Add to a bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to whip the coconut cream.
- Add honey and tapioca starch. Mix with hand mixer. Optional: Add a few drops of Blue India Tree food coloring and mix.
- To decorate cupcakes, either use a knife to frost, OR Scoop the frosting into a piping bag. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes, using a Wilton 1M tip. Start in the middle of the cupcakes and swirl outward to make a rose.
To add a little color to the frosting, use natural blue food coloring from India Tree
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week