Lamb Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- This recipe is from Make It Paleo 2
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Ground Lamb
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Vidalia Onion, minced
- 8 8 8 Cassava Flour Tortillas (Siete)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Cherry Tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Red Onion, minced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Spring Mix Salad Greens Lettuce
- fresh Dill, for garnish
- Tzatziki (click for recipe)
- Prepare the Tzatziki and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the ingredients for the Gyro Spice Blend in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine. Place the ground lamb in a large mixing bowl and top with the spice blend, onion, and garlic. Using your hands, knead all of the ingredients together to combine.
- Shape the meat into a loaf and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 155°F.
- While the meat is baking, prepare the Tortillas.
- When the internal temperature of the meat reaches 155°F, remove it from the oven and turn the oven to broil on high. Slice the meat into thin strips, and arrange them on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes, flip the meat, and broil for 3 minutes on the other side, draining the fat from the baking sheet as necessary.
- To serve, top each Tortilla with the gyro meat, a few slices of cucumber, a few slices of tomato, a sprinkle of red onion, a few pieces of baby lettuce, and a dollop of Tzatziki. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired.
To make this recipe dairy-free, make the tzatziki using coconut milk yogurt. And to make it nightshade-free, simply omit the cherry tomatoes from the toppings.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week