Kale Salad with Bacon and Fig Vinaigrette
This warm salad is made by tossing kale, radishes, and beets in bacon fat, then drizzling a rosemary dressing overtop. Serve it as a starter, or as a side dish to your favorite entrée.
- 2 bunch 2 bunch 2 bunch Kale, (or 2 large kale leaves)
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Bacon
- 1 1 1 Beets
- 2 2 2 Radish
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp dried Rosemary, (for the dressing)
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Spring Mix Salad Greens Lettuce
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, (for the dressing)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp Fig Balsamic Vinegar, or any other alsamic vinegar (for the dressing)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse the kale, and chop it into bite-sized pieces, removing the major veins. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Place the bacon in the skillet, and cook it until crisp. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Thinly slice the red beet and radishes using a vegetable peeler or mandoline slicer.
- Sauté the beet ribbons in the bacon fat, with 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary, until soft. Set aside.
- Toss the kale with the spring greens and radishes.
- Top with the crumbled bacon and sautéed beets.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil and fig-infused balsamic vinegar with 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary.
- Drizzle the fig vinaigrette over the salad, and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week