Jerk Chicken Recipe
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces skin on Chicken Drumstick
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Jerk Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lime Juice, (Juice of 1/2 lime)
- Begin by patting the chicken dry, and tossing with olive oil.
- Season with the Primal Palate Jerk Seasoning. Drizzle with lime juice, and toss to evenly distribute. (you can also rub with a basting brush).
- At this point you can cook immediately or let the chicken rest in the marinade for 1-6 hours.
- Heat grill to medium heat. If you are able to grill over charcoal, even better!
- Place chicken on the grill and turn every 5-6 minutes until cooked through. The chicken is ready to turn or flip when it releases easily from the grill.
- Serve alongside your favorite side dishes.
There are several ways to spice this up to Jamaican standards, if you wish. The classic source of heat in Jerk chicken is Scotch Bonnet Peppers. Some people also tend to use Habaneros. A dash of Cayenne in the spice mix will also get things heated up as well.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week