Obviously by the picture you can tell that these are not classic jalapeno poppers filled with cream cheese, battered and fried. These are roasted and stuffed with a smoky mashed sweet potato filling and topped with goat cheese.
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Sweet Potato, approximately 2 potatoes
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted, or olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 5 oz 5 oz 5 oz Goat Cheese, for the topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake the sweet potatoes for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Toss the jalapenos in olive oil and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Peel the sweet potato and place in a bowl with the butter and seasoning and thoroughly mash with a hand mixer or whisk.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of sweet potato filling in each jalapeno cavity and top with goat cheese.
- Bake poppers for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and toasted.
Feel free to increase quantity of recipe to feed a large group.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAppetizers Coconut Free Egg Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.