Italian Cabbage and Carrot Soup
This soup is so full of flavor you won't miss the meat. Vegan friendly.
- 0.75 whole 0.75 whole 0.75 whole Napa (Wong Bak) Cabbage, use the leafier ends
- 10 whole 10 whole 10 whole Carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Thyme, ground
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Celery, stalk
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Onion, white
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Bay Leaf, fresh
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Tomato, halved
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Flat Leaf Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 8 cup 8 cup 8 cup Water, enough to cover vegetables
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Chop cabbage, carrots, parsley, and onions and add to dutch oven.
- Then add in one whole celery stalk, bay leaves, and one tomato halved.
- Add in tomato paste and spices.
- Then cover vegetables with water, put on lid and let simmer for a few hours.
- When ready to serve, remove halved tomatoes, celery stalk, and bay leaves. These are to flavor the broth.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week