Instant Pot Swiss Steak
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Beef Round Steak Steak, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Vidalia Onion, sliced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 15 oz 15 oz 15 oz Diced Tomatoes, (one can)
- 15 oz 15 oz 15 oz Tomato Sauce, (one can)
- 18 oz 18 oz 18 oz Fettuccine (Cappello's), (2 boxes), or see notes for substitutions
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté and add the olive oil. Do not cover with the lid yet.
- Cut the round steak into individual portions for serving (8 pieces). Once the oil is hot, sear both sides of each steak.
- Add onions, peppers, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and more salt and pepper (if desired) to the pot and stir.
- Turn off sauté and place the lid on the Instant Pot with the valve set to “sealing”. Press the manual button and use the +/- buttons to set for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, allow the pot to naturally release pressure for another 10 minutes.
- While the steak cooks, use this time to prepare your noodles according to the package directions. If making zoodles, use this time to spiralize the zucchini and lightly sauté them in a skillet with a little oil.
- Once the steak has cooked and you’ve allowed for a 10 minute natural pressure release, you can release any remaining pressure by flipping the valve to “venting”. Once all the pressure has been released, it is safe to remove the lid.
- To serve, top each portion of noodles with a piece of steak and a helping of sauce.
This recipe can be served over your choice of noodles, zoodles (or your favorite veggie “noodle”), or spaghetti squash. If using spaghetti squash, be sure to prepare it ahead of time so it’s ready once the steak is done. I used a blend of RP’s Pasta gluten free (not paleo) egg fettuccini and their spinach fettuccini. If you need a paleo option, I recommend Cappello’s fettuccini noodles. This recipe assumes the user is familiar with and knows how to use an Instant Pot. Always read and follow the manufacturers instructions before attempting to make a recipe in your Instant Pot.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week