Instant Pot Comfort Chicken Noodles
Juicy bites of chicken and veggies in a cassava roux-based gravy with Paleo noodles. It doesn't get much more cozy than this comfort food, y'all. Whole 30 and AIP directions included!
- 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp Ghee, for AIP, use lard
- 0.5 head 0.5 head 0.5 head Vidalia Onion, diced
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery, diced
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Carrots, diced
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Cassava Flour
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Bone Broth, Chicken
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper, omit for AIP
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Garlic Powder, or more to taste
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless, cooked, and roughly shredded or chopped
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Kelp Noodles, entire package, rinsed, drained and trimmed to 3" pieces
- Instant Pot
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE (FOR STOVETOP: Heat large Dutch oven over medium heat)
- When hot, add ghee and vegetables. Stir well.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Sprinkle over cassava flour, and stir continuously for about 5 minutes.
- It is normal for this roux to stick to the bottom. Use a metal spatula to continuously scrape the bottom of the pot to prevent burning.
- Stir in broth ½ cup at a time to prevent lumps.
- Once all broth is incorporated, bring to a simmer.
- Stir in seasonings, chicken and noodles, scraping the bottom of the pot too.
- Immediately press the CANCEL button on the Instant Pot. (FOR STOVETOP: Bring to a simmer and cook for about ten minutes or until noodles are softened to your liking)
- Secure the lid, ensure the vent is closed.
- Press the MANUAL button, set pressure to LOW, and set the timer to 5 minutes.
- Allow program to run, then carefully quick release the pressure.
- Stir well and scrape the bottom again. Enjoy!
For fully compliant AIP and Whole 30 noodles: In place of kelp noodles use zucchini noodles, sweated with salt on a paper towel for 30 minutes to remove some liquid. Kelp noodles are fairly delicate once cooked, and will break apart if cooled and reheated again.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.