Humble Fruit Crumble
The Fall is the quintessential time to have crumble. This one I made with plums but it is equally good with the beautiful apples that are flooding markets now. The crispy topping is made totally grain and dairy free by using chopped nuts and coconut oil. It would make a lovely Thanksgiving dessert topped with some ice cream. This recipe is only slightly sweet and with all that fruit, it totally doubles as a breakfast food possibly served with a dollop of yogurt.
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Plums, pitted & quartered
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp ground Cinnamon, + 1.5 tsp
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp ground Cloves
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp ground Allspice
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Sea Salt, + 1/4 tsp
- 0.666 cup 0.666 cup 0.666 cup Almonds
- 0.666 cup 0.666 cup 0.666 cup Pecans
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, solid
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Dates (Medjool), pitted
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Prepare the filling: Place the plums into an 8" x 11" baking dish and add the lemon juice, arrowroot starch , 1/2 tsp cinnamon, cloves, allspice and salt. Stir to combine. Press down on the mixture so that it is evenly spread into dish.
- Prepare the topping: Place the nuts, solid coconut oil, dates, shredded coconut, cinnamon and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles the texture of oats.
- Generously and evenly sprinkle the topping over the fruit in the dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes. The fruit will be bubbling and the topping will be golden brown.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week