Honey-nut Apple Chicken
This delicious slow-cooked honey-nut apple chicken is made with chia seeds, served on a bed of quinoa and wild rice for a perfect savoury healthy meal!
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Chicken Breast
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Apple, organic, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Chicken Broth (Organic, Free Range, Low Sodium)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almonds, Slivered
- 0.33 cup 0.33 cup 0.33 cup Honey, Raw
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Cloves, Whole
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Bay Leaf
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Rice, Jasmine, (optional)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cauliflower, processed into grains (optional)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Line bottom of crockpot with chicken.
- Spread apples over top.
- Whisk together broth, cider, almonds and spices and pour mixture over chicken and apples.
- Slow cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- If using the optional sides add in the last hour of slow cooking.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week