Homemade Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt
All natural, 3 ingredient, quick & easy light, creamy, subtly sweet, vanilla infused healthy homemade coconut yoghurt.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Open your coconuts and pour the coconut water into a large jug/cup or bowl
- Using a spoon, scoop out the coconut meat (or is it flesh?!) and place into a large bowl. FYI u2013 I ended up with approx 2 heaping cups.
- Using a small sharp knife, remove any residual coconut skin (it looks a little like west cardboard attached to that beautiful white coconut meat/flesh.
- Place your trimmed coconut flesh into your food processor or blender .
- Add vanilla along with 1/2 a cup of your coconut water and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more coconut water to reach your desired consistency.
- Add probiotic capsule if using then blend again to combine.
- Pour yoghurt into a glass jar, cover with paper towel and set aside at room temperature for 6-12 hours. This allows to probiotics to do their thang. Breaking down the yoghurt and making all that deliciously good for you bacteria. The longer you leave your yoghurt to sit the tangier it becomes apparently. I left mine for 8 hours and it wasnu2019t very tangy at all. Just smooth and creamy with a nice hint of vanilla so if you prefer a tangier yoghurt let yours sit the full 12 hours 😉
- Transfer to the fridge until ready to enjoy.
- Eat it straight up by the spoonful, add it to your smoothies, serve it with fruit, this amazing (grain free) u201cgranolau201c, drink it with a straw . . . eat it on all of the things
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week