Homemade Hot Sauce
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Dried Habanero Chiles, or any other kind, de stemmed
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Garlic, separated into cloves
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole Grape Tomatoes, large, cut in half
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 400F or 200C. Line a baking sheet with parchment, lay tomatoes flat and spread hot peppers and garlic around, drizzle with olive oil and a few pinches of sea salt. Roast for 30 minutes until the peppers skin starts to brown.
- In a blender or food processor add the chiles, tomatoes and peeled roasted garlic. Next add the apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and water. Blend until smooth. Add a bit more water for a runnier sauce.
- Optionally you could strain out the seeds in a cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer. Keeps in the fridge for about a month.
This version is for a HOT hot sauce, for less spicy variations see the actual post on my website http://www.nakedcuisine.com/homemade-hot-sauce/
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week