Herb Roasted Pumpkin
I had wanted to make some recipes for the blog with fresh pumpkin and also savory recipes. Everyone loves pumpkin season but most recipes are all about the cinnamon and nutmeg and not the actual pumpkin. I wanted to highlight pumpkin because it is pretty awesome without all the sugar and spice and everything nice (I know, that was cheesy.) Roasted pumpkin is very similar to butternut squash in taste and texture. Obviously, they are in the same family of squash so that makes sense. I decided to use a sugar pumpkin for this recipe but you may also find it under pie pumpkin and that should work too.
- 3.5 lb 3.5 lb 3.5 lb Sugar Pumpkin, rind and seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Oregano, fresh, chopped
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 425 and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the rind of the pumpkin and scoop out the pulp and seeds. You can reserve the seeds for roasting if you wish.
- Chop the pumpkin in to bite size pieces and toss with the olive oil and other seasonings.
- Roast for approximately 30 or until pumpkin is soft and carmelized
Roasted pumpkin is a great addition to any salad! If you don't like pumpkin you can always substitute a butternut squash.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Side Dishes Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.