Healthy, Homemade 2 Minute Salted Caramel
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Dates (Medjool), (firmly packed) Pits removed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Water, Luke warm - more or less to reach desired consistency
- Place all dates, vanilla and salt into your food processor or blender and process until it started to break down and form a thick sticky mass/paste
- While your blender or food processor is running, add water 1 teaspoon at a time until the caramel loosens slightly and forms deliciously smooth, gloriously golden, naturally sweet salted caramel.
- Store covered or in an air tight container in the fridge – it should keep well for up to 2 weeks, possibly longer, but I highly doubt it will last that long.
- Enjoy xo
* If you find your dates are a little dry you could try soaking them in some warm water for 10 minutes before you begin, then drain and rinse and proceed with the recipe as normal.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week