Hawaiian Skillet chicken
This is anything but monochromatic in taste. This is a great recipe for meal prepsters, if you have left over chicken, that rando head of cauliflower, or if you try the zucchini version, it uses up those monster sized garden fresh zuccs that should have been picked the day before and tripled in size over night.
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic, in addition to the TBS
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower, coarse chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Zucchini, large, cubed
- 0.5 head 0.5 head 0.5 head Yellow Onion, cut again in half and sliced
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Chicken, Whole, can be white or dark meat that is pre-cooked, minimally seasoned, course chopped or cubed
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Coconut Water
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pineapple, chunks
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes, add as desired for heat
- 2 pinch 2 pinch 2 pinch Green Onion, thin sliced white and green portions
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- This is anything but monochromatic in taste. The reduction of the sauce makes you come back for second helpings. Bonus: this is a great way to use up leftover chicken or to incorporate into a meal prep rotation. There is a zucchini variation below that adds a bit of color.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Add 1 head cauliflower course chopped
- Cover for 5 minutes, then uncover for 5 minutes tossing every minute, take off heat and cover for 5 more minutes. This is to further steam and soften to al dente. The cauliflower will be crowded in the skillet and that is fine. Once the final 5 minutes are done place cauliflower in a separate bowl.
- Return skillet to medium heat melt and sauté for 5 minutes, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, ½ thin sliced yellow onion
- Add: 1 crushed garlic clove- be careful to not burn the garlic here, 2 cups chopped pre-cooked chicken
- Once chicken is heated add: 1.5 tablespoon of coconut aminos, 1/3 cup coconut water, 1 cup pineapple chunks, Cooked cauliflower, Red pepper flakes, optional
- Increase heat to high till all liquid is absorbed and starts to crisps and sizzle. Sprinkle with sliced green onion on top and serve.
- The Zucchini version: In a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, sauté until tender about 5-8 minutes depending on the size of the zucchini and how tender you want them. 1 large cubed unpeeled zucchini. Decrease the amount of coconut aminos to 1 tablespoon. Then continue with remainder of recipe. That easy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.