- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups Parsnip, Shredded (About 5-6 lg)
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage, Sugar-Free
- 10 whole 10 whole 10 whole Pastured Eggs
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Vidalia Onion, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt, + More to taste
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Garlic Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp dried Basil
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Onion Powder
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sage, Ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Shred your parsnips using a food processor or hand grater.
- Brown sausage on stove on medium heat. Salt and pepper the meat to your liking. Once completely cooked through, set aside and clean out any excess fat from the pan.
- Melt 1 tbs oil or ghee in the same pan. Saute the parsnips and onion, covered, for 5 mins. Stir occassionally.
- In the meantime, crack your eggs into a large bowl and whisk.
- Stir in your coconut milk, nutritional yeast (or cheese) and the herbs/seasonings.
- Add in the meat and parsnip mixture once done cooking.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 3.5 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until completely cooked
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. This dish reheats very well!
Optional: Switch out nutritional yeast for Shredded, Raw Full-Fat Cheese.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week