Gyro Chicken Kabobs + Tzatziki Sauce
All the flavors of a classic Greek gyro including a thick and cream tzatziki dipping sauce.
- 1.25 lb 1.25 lb 1.25 lb Chicken Tenders, cut into 1-in pieces
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice, divided (2 for the chicken, 2 for the sauce)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Marjoram
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp dried Basil
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Paprika
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt, divided (.5 for the chicken, .5 for the sauce)
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Black Pepper, divided (.25 for the chicken, .25 for the sauce)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Green Bell Peppers, cored and cut into 1-in chunks
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Red Onion, cut into 1-in chunks
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Zucchini, cut into 1/2-in slices then cut in half
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for grilling
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Cucumber, peeled, deseeded and shredded
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Coconut Cream, popped in the fridge
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp fresh Dill, minced
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Put shredded cucumber in a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and sprinkle with sea salt. Let sit for 30 minutes. This helps remove the liquid from the cucumbers.
- In a ziploc bag or tupperware container, combine coconut milk and all spices (above the bell pepper). Mix in chicken and let marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Soak 10 wooden skewers in water.
- After the cucumbers have set, use paper towel or cheese cloth to squeeze out all the liquid from the cucumbers. You should be left with about 1/3 cup of cucumber pulp.
- Remove coconut cream from fridge and scoop cream off the top into a bowl.
- Add shredded cucumber, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, gill, garlic, salt and pepper to the coconut cream. Gently stir to combine then return to fridge.
- Turn outdoor grill to medium heat and brush grill with olive oil.
- Alternate pieces of zucchini, chicken, onion and bell pepper onto the skewers.
- Grill kabobs for about 3-4 minutes on each side turning them three times. Brush kabobs with olive oil in-between turning.
- Serve with chilled tzatziki sauce!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week