Grilled Sirloin Salad with Fresh Herbs and Thai Dressing
With bright Thai flavors, this grilled sirloin salad is like a bowl of pho without the extra sodium and the calories from noodles.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Beef Loin Sirloin Steak (Top Sirloin)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemongrass, minced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Romaine Lettuce, Red Lettuce also acceptable
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Cucumber, sliced, or 4 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup fresh Basil, packed
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Mint Leaves
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Freeze the beef for 10 minutes and then cut it across the grain into 1/4 inch slices.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the lemongrass, 1 Tablespoon of the fish sauce, the soy sauce (or coconut aminos), 3/4 teaspoon of the honey, 1/2 of the onion, and the pepper. Add the beef and stir it to coat - let it marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the oil, the lime juice, jalapenos, 1 Tablespoon of fish sauce, 3/4 teaspoon honey, and the remaining onion.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumbers, mint, and onion. Toss with the dressing to coat.
- Grill the sliced beef over high heat, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the beef over the salad.
Adapted from Kristine Kidd's"Weeknight Fresh + Fast"
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week