Grilled Peaches and Beets with Honeyed Ricotta and Mint
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup raw Cashews, unsalted
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Peaches
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Beets, peeled and steamed until tender
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or grapeseed oil
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Mint Leaves, fresh, loosely packed
- In a heatproof bowl, cover cashews with boiling water to about 1" above the cashews. Cover with a plate or tinfoil and set side to soak for at least an hour, or as long as overnight.
- Once they are soft and slightly spongy, drain (reserve the liquid) and transfer nuts to a food processor or high speed blender. Puree with lemon juice, honey or other liquid sweetener, and salt until smooth. Add a splash of the reserved soaking liquid if necessary to keep the nut mixture moving and smooth it out. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill. Brush or spray the peach and beet slices on each side with oil and place them in a single layer, about 1" apart on the preheated grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Once they have softened and grill marks start to appear, flip and grill another 2-3 minutes until grill marks appear on the other side.
- Remove from the grill and lay out the slices in a single layer on a plate. Top each slice with a dollop of ricotta, a sprinkle of chopped walnuts and a mint leaf. Serve immediately.
If you would like to use dairy-based ricotta, simply skip the cashews and the soaking, and instead, use a blender or electric mixer to whip together 1-1.5 cups whole milk ricotta with the lemon juice, honey and salt. Feel free to slice the mint leaves into thin strips, if you prefer. Store fully cooled leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It's best to store the components (produce, cheese, nuts, mint) in separate containers and assemble immediately before serving. This recipe was adapted slightly from LoveBeets.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week