Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Chicken Breast, bone in, skin on
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, pressed
- 1 1 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Dijon Mustard, (or 1 tsp mustard seeds)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, juice of
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Capers, (for traditional Caesar, you can use 3-4 anchovy filets)
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups 6 cups 6 cups Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives, (optional)
- To start off, preheat your grill to medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with our Organic Adobo Seasoning on all sides.
- Place on your grill skin-side down first, for about 5 minutes. Monitor to ensure the chicken doesn't burn. (Doing skin side down first will help to oil the grates, and prevent the chicken from sticking.)
- Turn the chicken to bone side down, reduce heat to medium low, and cook for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly.
- While the chicken is grilling, prepare the dressing.
- In a tall, wide mouth mason jar, add the garlic, egg yolk, mustard, pepper, lemon juice, and capers.
- Use a stick or immersion blender, and grind up the dressing ingredients. Once ground up, add in the olive oil and beat on high until it forms a creamy dressing.
- Rinse and chop up the romaine lettuce, then place into a large container with a lid (or gallon zip top bag). Add 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of the dressing, and shake vigorously to coat the lettuce.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then chop up.
- Top the salad with the chicken and olives (optional) and serve!
Since this recipe uses a raw egg yolk, you should take care to use a high quality, fresh egg. We suggest playing it safe, and not keeping the dressing more than 2-3 days after making it.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week