Grass-fed Burger Salad
This is one of my all-time favorite weeknight meals. Grass-fed burgers are kind of a staple in our house because they are delicious and also they are super quick to put together. I came up with a salad version a while back just because I wanted something different and it was a way to utilize all the greens and seasonal produce that was in the house.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 0.25 lb 0.25 lb 0.25 lb Ground Pork, spicy
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Kale, shredded
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Lettuce, green leaf, chopped
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Carrots, sliced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sweet Potato, roasted
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Sauerkraut
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Dijon Mustard, for the dressing
- 4 tsp 4 tsp 4 tsp Hot Sauce / Wing Sauce, Tessemae's, for the dressing
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat a grill to 450. Combine all the burger ingredients in a bowl and thoroughly mix.
- Divide the batter in to 4 large patties. Place on the grill and cook about three minutes per a side and then use a meat thermometer to check if they are cooked to your personal preference
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss together.
- Divide among four large bowls or plates. Pour one tablespoon of Dijon and one teaspoon of hot sauce on the salad and top with the grilled burger.
I personally like to add sauerkraut to this salad. Farmhouse Culture has a dill one that is perfect with burgers. If you don’t have a grill I would recommend a cast iron skillet to cook the burger. You will need to increase cooking time to about five minutes a side and then temp it
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Meat Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.