Grandy Kyp’s Chicken Soup
The smell of dill, garlic, and chicken that fills the kitchen when this soup simmers will always remind me of my Grandy Kyp. The original recipe, created by my Grandy’s Bubbe, used an entire roasting chicken for some very healing bone broth! I will gladly enjoy this soup any day of the week, but it is particularly comforting when I am not feeling my best.
- 20 oz 20 oz 20 oz boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1 1 Onion
- 3 quart 3 quart 3 quart free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Dill Weed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Baby Carrots
- Rinse chicken breast and place in a large soup pot.
- Chop whole onion into bite-size pieces and place into soup pot.
- Pour in chicken broth and season with garlic powder, pepper, and dill weed.
- Turn burner onto medium and bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add in celery and baby carrots and cook for another 45 minutes to an hour.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week