Grandy Kyp’s Chicken Soup
The smell of dill, garlic, and chicken that fills the kitchen when this soup simmers will always remind me of my Grandy Kyp. The original recipe, created by my Grandy’s Bubbe, used an entire roasting chicken for some very healing bone broth! I will gladly enjoy this soup any day of the week, but it is particularly comforting when I am not feeling my best.
- 20 oz 20 oz 20 oz Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1 1 Onion
- 3 quart 3 quart 3 quart Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Dill Weed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Baby Carrots
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse chicken breast and place in a large soup pot.
- Chop whole onion into bite-size pieces and place into soup pot.
- Pour in chicken broth and season with garlic powder, pepper, and dill weed.
- Turn burner onto medium and bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add in celery and baby carrots and cook for another 45 minutes to an hour.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Soups Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
This is a really great recipe. It’s like chicken noodle soup without the noodles. I like that it makes such a big batch as well. It’s also good with sliced up avocados.
Love soups and this is definitely going into my “must fix” file.
This was delicious. I added a handful of frozen spinach for the first 30min then topped it off with extra carrots, celery and sprig of rosemary for the 2nd half. Thank you.