Grain-Free Rainbow Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Tin Star Brown Butter Ghee, regular ghee is fine as well
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Maple Sugar, granulated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 2.5 cups 2.5 cups 2.5 cups Paleo Baking Flour - Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Carnival Sprinkles (India Tree brand)
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, or standing mixer, cream the shortening, ghee, and maple sugar.
- Add in the vanilla extract, and egg, and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add in the Paleo Baking flour, along with the baking powder and salt.
- Once all of the ingredients have come together, add in the additional arrowroot flour.
- Mix in the rainbow sprinkles if desired.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat surface for rolling out the dough.
- Make sure your rolling pin is dusted with arrowroot flour, and roll out half of the dough into about a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut shapes with any cookie cutters you desire.
- Carefully remove any dough surrounding the cookies, and then carefully lift them from the parchment work surface with a spatula, to your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and then remove to cool. Repeat until you have used the remainder of the dough.
- Once these cookies have cooled, you may decorate them as desired. I used Royal Icing, but you can use any frosting you choose.
To make these cookies Rainbow Sprinkle, I used around 2 tablespoons of the India Tree Carnival Sprinkles, but you can use any sprinkles you desire.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week