Grain-free Morning Porridge
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, or your choice of nut butter
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp unsweetened Coconut Flakes, or dessicated coconut
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Water, boiling
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Milk
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Unsalted Butter, (optional)
- Boil the water
- Combine the ground flax, chia seeds, shredded coconut and cinnamon in an individual breakfast bowl.
- Add the water, coconut milk and almond butter and stir to combine. Let porridge sit for 1 minute. Add more water or milk according to your desired consistency.
- If using, add the butter and let it melt (it will give the porridge extra creaminess and an irresistible flavor)
- Add toppings of choice such as raisins, granola, berries, almonds, fruit, maple syrup, etc. Eat warm.
Let porridge sit for a minute before eating and adjust water/milk content to your desired level of consistency as the flax meal and chia seeds absorb a significant amount of moisture and swell. This porridge is very filling and great on its own without any added sweetener, but you can add your choice of sweetener such as maple syrup or honey to your liking. Finally, add your choice of toppings such as berries, fresh fruit, superfoods (goji berries, pollen, lucuma, mulberries, cacao nibs). My personal favorites are fresh blueberries and figs and a sprinkle of homemade granola.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week