Grain-free Morning Porridge
For when you're missing a bowl of heartwarming oatmeal or porridge in the morning! This recipe will be sure to do the trick!
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, or your choice of nut butter
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Flakes, unsweetened, or dessicated coconut
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Water, boiling
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Milk
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Butter, Unsalted, (optional)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Boil the water
- Combine the ground flax, chia seeds, shredded coconut and cinnamon in an individual breakfast bowl.
- Add the water, coconut milk and almond butter and stir to combine. Let porridge sit for 1 minute. Add more water or milk according to your desired consistency.
- If using, add the butter and let it melt (it will give the porridge extra creaminess and an irresistible flavor)
- Add toppings of choice such as raisins, granola, berries, almonds, fruit, maple syrup, etc. Eat warm.
Let porridge sit for a minute before eating and adjust water/milk content to your desired level of consistency as the flax meal and chia seeds absorb a significant amount of moisture and swell. This porridge is very filling and great on its own without any added sweetener, but you can add your choice of sweetener such as maple syrup or honey to your liking. Finally, add your choice of toppings such as berries, fresh fruit, superfoods (goji berries, pollen, lucuma, mulberries, cacao nibs). My personal favorites are fresh blueberries and figs and a sprinkle of homemade granola.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.