Grain-Free Eggplant Parmesan
This recipe for flavorful Eggplant Parmesan uses Pork Panko for a grain-free breading, and the air fryer for a quick and easy way to fry eggplant. This recipe takes some time to make, but is easy and full of delicious flavor!
- 1 1 1 Eggplant
- 3 3 3 Pastured Eggs
- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups Pork Panko
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tomato Sauce, Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Buffalo Mozzerella, crumbled
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse your eggplant, and slice into 1/2 inch round slices, and then place evenly onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, and allow the egg plant to sweat for 10 minutes. Using a paper towel, remove the moisture from the eggplant, flip to the opposite side, and repeat.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. In another shallow bowl, combine the pork panko and adobo seasoning. You can combine the pork panko and adobo in a larger bowl, and keep adding to the shallow bowl for breading as needed.
- Coat a slice of eggplant in the egg wash, and then immediately in the pork panko, being sure that the egg plant slices are evenly coated in "breading".
- Place the breaded eggplant slice onto a clean plate, and continue with that process until each slice of eggplant is breaded.
- Heat your air fryer to 375 degrees, and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a layer of eggplant into your air fryer. I was able to fry 3-4 rounds at a time.
- Fry the eggplant for 5 minutes, then flip, and fry for a remaining 5 minutes. place the fried eggplant onto a clean plate, and repeat with the remaining eggplant, until each round is fried.
- Spoon a thin layer of tomato sauce onto the bottom of a shallow baking dish.
- Place an even layer of friend eggplant into the baking dish. Spoon a small amount of sauce onto each eggplant round, and smooth to cover.
- Top with a layer of mozzarella, and then freshly grated parmesan. Spoon another thin layer of sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat this layering of eggplant, sauce and cheese, ending with just the mozzarella and parm for the very top.
- Place the dish into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and freshly grated black pepper if desired.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week