Grain-free Chocolate Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow Topping
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch, sifted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Raw Cacao Powder, sifted
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 6 6 6 Pastured Eggs
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, melted
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Line 3 mini muffin pans with cupcake papers.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the palm shortening. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small mixing bowl, sift together the coconut flour, tapioca starch, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla with a hand mixer over medium-high speed.
- Slowly add the sifted flour blend into the liquid mixture, and beat again, until the batter is smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Pour the cooled shortening into the batter, and beat again, until the batter is smooth and fluffy.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the batter into each muffin mold.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick to be sure the mini cupcakes are fully cooked.
- Allow to cool before frosting. Use The Urban Poser's marshmallow recipe, piping it onto the tops of the cupcakes with a star tip. See the notes section for a link to her marshmallow recipe.
For mini cupcakes this batter makes about 3 dozen cupcakes. I find that a cookie scoop is the perfect amount to fill each mini cupcake mold. If you would like to make these in standard sized muffin pans, this recipe will make about 1 dozen, maybe slightly more depending on how much you fill each mold. I also find that an ice cream scoop is perfect for filling standard sized muffin molds. Standard size cupcakes will need to cook for 25 minutes. See Jenni's Marshmallow recipe for the frosting: http://theurbanposer.com/rustic-homemade-marshmallows-whoney/
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week