Grain-Free Apple Pecan Breakfast Bake
Who doesn’t love dessert disguised as a breakfast dish? Weekday mornings are often my favorite occasion for squeezing in a smoothie or veggie-packed omelette, but this apple pecan bake is a yummy option for cozy weekend breakfasts.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Apple, organic, diced
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Pecans, chopped
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- .33 cup .33 cup .33 cup Coconut Sugar, or light brown sugar
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease an 8x8 baking pan with 1 Tablespoon butter and set aside.
- Combine apples and maple syrup in a medium saucepan, simmering over medium heat for 5 minutes and stirring occasionally throughout. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Measure pecans, brown sugar, remaining butter, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt into a medium bowl.
- Use a fork to begin mashing ingredients together, continuing to do so until mixture is crumbly and evenly combined.
- Using a slotted spoon to remove excess liquid, scoop apple mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle pecan mixture on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until topping begins to turn golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
In step 2 it says to simmer for 5u20136 minutes. What should it say – 5 minutes? Step 1 says preheat oven to 350u00b0F. I assume that means 350. I’m looking forward to making this!
The recipe ingredients for this recipe should include 1/3 cup light brown sugar or coconut sugar. Getting the recipe updated soon!
Susan Jones, you are correct! I think there was a glitch with something when I copied and pasted the instructions. So, it should read “350 degrees F” and “simmering over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.” Hope you enjoy! 🙂
All glitches fixed. I’m so sorry I didn’t catch the time and temp glitches! Everything is fixed now!
Thanks, Bill! You’re awesome! 🙂