Grain-free and Nut-free Bread
This grain-free bread is a little sweeter, like a challah, due to the natural sweet flavor of Tigernut flour. This bread has amazing flavor, and wonderful texture, and is really fun to make. Enjoy it with some grass-fed butter, or use it to make a tasty sandwich!
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Tigernut Flour
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Cassava Flour
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Tapioca Starch
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pea Protein Powder (unflavored)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Psyllium husk, ground
- 7 gram 7 gram 7 gram Quick Rise Yeast
- 5 5 5 Eggs, 4 for the batter, 1 for an egg wash
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Honey, Raw
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Water, warm
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (tigernut flour, cassava flour, tapioca starch, pea protein, salt, baking powder, psyllium husk powder, and quick rise yeast.)
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the eggs, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and honey. Bring together over low to medium speed.
- Add about half of the dry mix to the stand mixer. Combine over medium low speed. Then add the remaining dry mix and combine until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the warm water little by little until entirely incorporated.
- Grease a large mixing bowl with olive oil, and pour the bread dough into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and allow the dough to proof for 1 hour in a warm spot. On top of an oven running at low temp (250F) works well.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a standard loaf pan with butter or your choice of fat. Scoop the dough into the loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Make an egg wash by whisking 1 egg with a little water. Brush the top of the uncooked dough with egg wash, then place the loaf pan in the preheated oven on the center rack.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove and brush with more egg wash.
- Bake for 15 more minutes. Remove and brush with egg wash one last time.
- Bake for a final 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before removing from the loaf pan.
- Serve warm with a generous amount of butter. Keeps refrigerated (covered tightly) up to 5 days.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week