Grain and Nut Free Sandwich Bread
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Eggs, separated
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted, melted
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Psyllium husk, ground, powder
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan (8.5x4.5 size) with parchment paper cut to fit.
- Separate the eggs into two bowls dropping the whites in one and the yolks in another. Use a hand blender to whip the egg whites until soft, foamy peaks begin to form.
- Add the yogurt and butter to yolks and blend till smooth.
- Sift in the dry ingredients to the yolk mixture and blend again, scraping down the sides of the bowl so that all ingredients are incorporated. This will be dense. Pour in apple cider vinegar and blend one last time. (Make sure to use a spatula to get any sticky flour off the sides and bottom of bowl as you donu2019t want clumps in your bread).
- Fold in the egg whites until bread batter is smooth. The egg whites will fall as you mix, but this is fine.
- Pour into loaf pan and use a spatula to gently smooth out the top.
- Bake for 48-52 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing. Slice, butter, serve and enjoy!
Make sure to preheat your oven first as you want to put the bread into the oven immediately after mixing—once the baking soda is activated by the vinegar, its important to place in the oven. Sifting and carefully measuring the coconut flour and psyllium husk powder is very important as these are dense and high in fiber therefore the wrong amount will greatly alter the recipe. I recommend using psyllium husk powder, but if you have whole psyllium husk you can grind it to a powder in the coffee grinder (just make sure it is very finely ground). Yogurt can be coconut yogurt if sensitive to dairy. Apple cider vinegar can be substituted for lemon juice.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week