Grain and Nut-free Carrot Muffins for Babies
These muffins are a delicious treat that are gluten-, grain-, and nut-free, and low in added sugar! This recipe only uses one tablespoon of pure maple syrup. These muffins are great when you want a healthy snack, and perfect to make for your child!
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Butternut Squash, puree
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Tigernut Flour
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Ghee, melted
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Carrots, peeled and shredded
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees, and line a cupcake tin with parchment papers
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, butternut squash puree, and Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the Tigernut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet mixture, and stir to combine evenly.
- Pour the melted ghee into the batter mixture, and stir again to evenly combine.
- Mix in the shredded carrots.
- Fill each muffin liner approximately 3/4 full of batter. This should make around 9 muffins.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy!
I stored these muffins in the fridge. I was worried they would be too dry if they were fridge cold, so I warm them in the oven or microwave for a few minutes before giving to my baby.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Cupcakes & Muffins FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Snacks
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.