Golden Beet Salad
Here in our little corner of Pennsylvania, golden beets are only seen in the stores every so often. When we do come across them, this salad instantly gets planned for an upcoming meal. We love the way the warm and tender beets compliment the cool, sweet crunch of the Fuji apples.
- 1 1 1 Fuji Apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Slivered Almonds
- 3 3 3 Golden Beets, boiled
- 5 cup 5 cup 5 cup Spring Mix Salad Greens Lettuce
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- Thoroughly scrub beets clean under cold water.
- Place beets in a large pot of water, and boil until fork tender (about 45 minutes).
- Remove skin from beets, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Allow to cool before adding to the salad.
- Rinse and chop the Fuji apple.
- Toss spring mix greens with the apple and slivered almonds.
- Add in the cooked beet chunks.
- Drizzle salad with avocado oil and white balsamic vinegar, and serve.
The skin of the beets should easily peel off if cooked for the proper amount of time.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week