Gluten-free Zucchini Bread Waffles
Let’s talk some about these waffles. They are based off a traditional zucchini bread recipe. They are full of grated zucchini, flavorful spices and just a whole lot of deliciousness. I decided to use Otto’s Cassava Flour as the base for these waffles. I really really love the texture of cassava flour and it always lends a super crispy waffle on the outside that is just asking to be drenched in butter and maple syrup. Okay – so you don’t have to do that but waffles with butter and syrup are kind of my kryptonite. I really wanted to get a recipe up on the blog with some zucchini since it has been in season. Produce in season is always better and I love the flavor and texture it gives to these waffles. Also, you can take comfort in the fact that your waffles have vegetables in them. Just kidding – I don’t need to justify my waffle consumption ;). These really are a great weekend treat. You can easily freeze and reheat the waffles too. Enjoy! Gluten-free Zucchini Bread Waffles: Jessi's Kitchen
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Avocado Oil, or melted coconut oil
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Honey, Raw
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Nutmeg, ground, freshly grated is best
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Cassava Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Pecans, optional topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Grate the zucchini and then use a paper towel to squeeze out some of the excess water and set aside.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine everything. Add the zucchini, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt and mix until just combined.
- Add the baking soda and cassava flour and mix until combined.
- Follow manufacturers instructions for your waffle maker.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week