- 2.5 cups 2.5 cups 2.5 cups Gluten Free Flour (Better Batter), + 2 Tbsp for the Cinnamon Sugar mixture
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Sugar
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, cold, cubed
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Water, cold, if needed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Blend
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 365 Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Almond Milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, salt, baking powder, and maple sugar.
- Cut in the butter and palm shortening.
- Whisk your egg, and then add it to the flour mixture.
- Knead the dough with your hands until you are able to form a ball of dough. If needed, add the cold water to the dough.
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Line a flat surface with parchment paper, and place half of the dough onto the parchment paper.
- Dust a rolling pin with some gluten-free flour, and roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- You can use a knife to cut the dough into the shape you need, but it is much easier to create the accurate poptart shape if you use a rectangle cookie cutter.
- Combine 2 Tbsp coconut sugar, 1.5 Tbsp Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie blend, and 2 Tbsp gluten-free flour to make the Cinnamon Sugar mixture for the poptarts.
- Place the bottom of your poptarts on your parchment lined baking sheet. Add a about a teaspoon of Cinnamon Sugar filling to each rectangle of pastry, and wet the outer edge of the dough with water, and place the top layer of dough over the bottom layer. You can also make other flavors by using strawberry preserves or blueberry preserves.
- Gently press the edges together, and then use a fork to seal the edges. Use a toothpick to vent the poptart by poking holes in the top of the poptart.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, and then allow to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Once the poptarts have cooled completely, you can add the glaze on top.
- Combine 3/4 cup of powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of almond milk, and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Spoon a small amount of glaze to the center of your poptarts, and spread it evenly over the top.
- Place the poptarts in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the glaze can chill and set.
- Remove from the fridge, and enjoy.
For my recipe, I decided to make a few variations of our favorite poptart flavors. I used organic strawberry and blueberry preserves, and made 4 strawberry poptarts, 4 blueberry poptarts, and 4 brown sugar cinnamon poptarts. You can use any filling you desire for these, but I highly recommend doing more than just one type of filling!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week