Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Bars with Pomegranate
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Almonds, raw
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Pomegranate, seeds (clean and dried) -save some for topping.
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flakes, unsweetened
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cocoa Powder, Organic
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Vanilla Protein Powder (Garden of Life Brand), or egg white protein/powder
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Honey, Granulated, or maple syrup (use 1/2 cup if you want sweeter)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Water, hot
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grind up your almonds in food processor or vitamix.
- Next add in the coconut and almost all of your pomegranate and grind again. Save a small handful of pomegranate seeds for later.
- Pour into a large bowl and mix in cocoa powder and pea protein or egg white protein (this is for volume).
- In a separate small mixing bowl combine your honey or maple syrup, 1/2 cup of hot water, and vanilla. Stir all together and add to your dry ingredients..
- Add in your vanilla and Sea salt.
- I usually test batter here to see if it's sweet enough.
- If the batter gets too thick, just add more hot water or even a little honey. If it's too wet, add more powder or a flour of choice (such as coconut or peanut flour).
- Mix well with hands then press into a parchment lined baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of your pomegranate seeds on top.
- Bake at 350F for 25- 30 minutes. Check at 25 minutes just in case your oven bakes fast.
- Makes anywhere between 9-12 bars. You choose the size!
If you can't find pea protein egg white protein (I used Jay Robbs), you can use chia flour, 100% whey protein isolate, or Brown Rice Protein. But the texture and the baking time will be a little different, so adjust accordingly. if you can't find egg white powder or egg white protein, you can use meringue powder but it will have more sugar. Just FYI
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week